Measure B campaigners are ramping it up today and Monday with some final moves to gain further support for a $196 parcel tax to combat the Mill Valley School District’s looming budget deficit.
Students and organizers plan to 'Walk and Roll to School' holding signs and stickers Monday morning, followed by rallies on street corners in the afternoon. At Edna Maguire, teachers are even hosting a coffee car with fresh coffee, tea and treats to refuel the walkers in the morning.
WALK AND ROLL TO SCHOOL DETAILS
- Edna Maguire: Meet at Mill Valley Community Center at 8am. Walk to school at 8:15am (Materials to be distributed at the Community Center)
- Park School: Come grab signs and stickers on Friday morning (11/2) at drop off and on Friday afternoon at pick up, at the Catalpa street entrance.
- Strawberry Point: Meet at Strawberry Rec Center fields on Belvedere Dr. at 8am. Walk to school at 8:15am (Materials to be distributed there)
- Tam Valley: Meet at the parking lot by the old Delano's market on Flamingo at 8am. Walk to school at 8:15am (Materials to be distributed there)
- MVMS: Pick up materials on Friday afternoon (11/2) after school at pick-up. Walk & Roll to school on your own on Monday morning showing your support for Measure B!
- Old Mill (Option 1): If you are walking on your own, come grab signs and stickers this afternoon (Thurs. 11/1) at pick-up, or tomorrow morning (Fri. 11/2) at drop-off
- Old Mill (Option 2): OR you can meet walk leaders at the following locations at 8am on Monday, November 5 and walk as a group! (Dipsea Steps on Hazel, 52 Cypress Ave. at the top of the Dipsea Steps, Corte Madera Ave. & Eldridge, Oak Lane Steps at Tampalpais, or at West Blithedale and Eldridge (Materials to be distributed there)
CORNER RALLY DETAILS FOR FRIDAY AND MONDAY
Friday from 5 - 6 p.m. and Monday from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- 4 corners at the intersection of Camino Alto and E. Blithedale Avenue
- Tam High side of the intersection of Camino Alto and Miller Avenue
- In front of GROW at Tam Junction
- Sidewalk at the 101 Exit on E. Blithedale Ave.
Also participate in corner rallies on Election Day at Camino Alto and E. Blithedale and Camino Alto and Miller Avenue. Sign up for a slot.
Check out our other Measure B coverage:
- Measure B Volunteers Needed for Final Phone Bank Push
- Video: Measure B Supporters Rally on Street Corners Before the Election
- Mill Valley Schools Closed Today for First of Two Furloughs
- Parcel Tax Campaign Ramps Up Fundraising with ‘Backyard Bash’
- School Parcel Tax Campaign Kicks Off Thursday at GROW in Tam Junction
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.