The Mill Valley School District is holding its annual district-wide emergency drills Wednesday, with first responders from throughout the 94941 on hand to observe.
The district's emergency preparedness efforts were bolstered earlier this year with the production of a series of videos to educate the community about the district's procedures in the event of an emergency. The videos were produced via a $3 per-student donation from the Mill Valley PTA.
District officials emphasized the importance of not calling the school in the event of an emergency but to wait to be contacted by school officials. They also strssed the importance of parents keeping their emergency contact info updated in their school's database.
For more info and a list of school pickup locations in the event of an emergency, click here.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- School District Says Measure B Passage Prevents Layoffs in Mill Valley, Prop 30 Staves Off Cuts
- 'Black Friday Creep' Spurs Online Petition Drives to 'Save Thanksgiving'
- Sewage Spill Contaminates Blithedale Canyon Creek
- Mill Valley’s Priciest Homes: 200 Sarah Drive
- Sandy's Destruction? Patch Had it Covered
For local schools news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.