As anyone buying or selling a home in Mill Valley or virtually anywhere in the Bay Area can attest to, home prices are on the rise. Home prices in Mill Valley are projected to jump more than 5 percent this year, according to a study conducted by an online real estate site.
Zillow.com expects home prices in 244 of the 245 zip codes in the Bay Area to rise in 2013. The only exception will be the 94515 zip code in Calistoga, according to a story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
The story suggests that the primary reason for the price increase is the tight inventory, a lack of homes for sale on the market.
But even with the increase, prices remain significantly lower than the peak prices of a few years ago.
Here is the individual zip code data for the Mill Valley area.Zip Code Dec. 2012 median Dec. 2013 projection Increase % decrease from peak price 94941 $947,700 $995,820.61 5.1% -15.2 percent
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- City Council Digs Into Planning Commission Spat
- Shots Fired in Beer Theft Sunday at Safeway in Strawberry Village
- The Mayor’s Week in Review: Feb. 11-17
- Police Blotter: Mercedes on the Median, Bike Thief Nabbed and Too Young to Drive
- Boyle Park Tennis Court Rehab Gets Back on Track – Money Hunt Begins
- VIDEO: Sol Food Opens Its Doors in Mill Valley
- When Can I File My 2013 Tax Return?
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.