Calls to the police and fire departments on Wednesday, October 3 may experience problems as Mill Valley upgrades its telephone to connect all city facilities to one, integrated system.
Maintenance will be done from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., during which time service may be interrupted, according to a notice from the city. If you have a police, fire, or medical emergency call 911.
If you need to contact the departments for regular business, call 415-384-4883 for police and 415-384-4884 for fire. This is for one day only.
The new phone service will allow city officials to transfer calls and messages between different departments and building. Staff in City Hall, for instance, could transfer a call to the Community Center.
For further information, contact Jill McNeal at the Department of Public Works at 415-388-4033.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- What Are The New White Triangles Painted In Front of Crosswalks on Miller Ave?
- City Council: ABAG Not the Enemy
- Beer Garden & Fashion Show New to This Year's Community Block Party
- Beerworks Goes Beyond the Brew
- Letter: Marin Clean Energy vs PG&E
- School District Schedules Public Hearing on Marin Day School's New Home at Edna Maguire
- Frame-O-Rama Is on the Move
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.