Construction of the new Edna Maguire campus is well underway, but what about the “to be determined” area, currently occupied by the Interim School?
The Mill Valley School District will discuss the schematic design of the “TBD” area (see attached map) during a public meeting at 6:30 p.m., where the community will be able to weigh in on the plans (see attached public notice).
The district has looked at a number of possibilities for that region, including the option of turning it into an athletic field based on popular demand, said Director of Maintenance and Operations Tim Ryan. However, funding is a factor.
“We wanted to see if we could afford to build a field,” he said. “We can’t.”
Officials will present information about options for the site during the meeting. If you can’t attend, submit comments to Pete Norgaard at email@example.com.
IF YOU GO:
What: Public meeting on Edna Maguire construction update and TBD area plans
- 6:30 p.m. -7 p.m. - Construction Update, Edna Maguire New Schoo
- 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - Initial Meeting of Edna Maguire “TBD” Area – Design Charrette: Exploring Site Design Options, Functional Designs, Facilities, Site, Aesthetic Opportunities.
Where: Edna Maguire Campus, Multipurpose Room 1, 80 Lomita Drive
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- Sound Off: What Do You Think About the New Parking Meters Resetting When You Leave?
- Submit Your Questions for Obama and Romney for the Next Presidential Debate
- A Paean to a Music Freak and the Sonic Temple He Built in Mill Valley
- PHOTOS: Hundreds Mix & Mingle at MVFF35 Opening Night Gala
- MVFF: Cooper and Russell Spill About 'Silver Linings Playbook' to a Packed Theater
- At MVFF35, Kerouac's 'On the Road' Hits the Big Screen with Deep Bay Area Roots
- How to Get Your Sports Team Featured on Patch
For local school news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.