Board, commission or committee members serve a three year term, not to exceed two terms. The application period was open from December 20, 2012 to January 31, 2013.
The city received a total of 45 applications, and conducted interviews with all the candidates over the last two months. The following people have been appointed to fill the open positions.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- David Griffis*
- Elisabeth Thomas - Matej*
Parks and Recreation Commission
- Douglas Nelson"
- Suzanne Bohan
- Kirk Knauer
- Ricardo Capretta
- Chris Skelton
- Ian Day**
- Joseph Rokovic**
- Owen Prell
Emergency Preparedness Commission
- Michael Jacobs*
- John Poulson
Library Board of Trustees
- Bill Lampl*
- Heather Young*
Marin County Commission on Aging
- Anita Garner
**Lives outside City limits
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- When Can I File My 2013 Tax Return?
- How to Use the New Golden Gate Bridge Toll Cash Payment Stations
- Police Arrest Burglar Suspected of Ransacking a Miller Ave. Business
- Mill Valley’s Priciest Homes: 35 Ralston Avenue
- Man Found Dead in Jail ID'd as Marin Resident
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.