Mill Valley checked off two items on their to-do list this month, with the grand opening ceremony of the Hauke Park electric vehicle charging station and the acquisition of four all-electric Mitsubishi i-MiEVs on Sept. 4.
The City of Mill Valley created a quarterly work plan, updated in July, to reflect the progress and milestones of its numerous projects and tasks.
The Patch will highlight topics of the document over the course of a few articles, in order for readers to review the current timelines of the 23-priority projects the City has in the works.
Below you will find information about the zoning ordinance regarding second dwelling units and floor area ration, operating terms for garbage, and the 10-year financial plan.
On July 23, 2012, the Planning Commission recommended approval of amendment to the Zoning Ordinance regarding Second Dwelling Units and Floor Area Ration (FAR) regulations.
- Throughout 2012 – Planning Commission discussed amendments to Commercial Zoning Districts and regulations; deliberations continuing.
- March 2013 – City Council consideration of Second Dwelling Unit and FAR Zoning Ordinance amendments.
- June 2013 – Amendments to implement 2009-2014 Housing Element underway.
- July 15, 2013 – FAR and Second Unit amendments discussed by City Council with direction for further revision for future action.
- August/December 2013 – Zoning Ordinance amendments to Commercial and Residential Districts and other related changes to implement 2009-2014 Housing Element.
A revised agreement will be presented to the City Council this month regarding the adoption of operating terms for MVRS (garbage) franchise
- April 2012 – Formal Rate Review by the R3 Consulting Group.
- July 2, 2012 – City Council Approved Resolution Authorizing an Increase of 2.81%.
- July 2012 – Refuse franchise agreement subcommittee, comprised of Councilmembers Moulton-Peters and Marshall, the City Manager and the Finance Director formed.
- Winter 2012 – Staff reviewed the MVRS franchise agreement as well as recently approved revised agreements with other cities served by MVRS to develop recommendations for amendment to our franchise agreement.
- July 2013 – Committee will develop recommended amendments to agreement and discuss with MVRS.
- September 2013 – Revised agreement will be presented to City Council for action.
In the coming months, the Council will continue to the development of, and adopt a long-term financial plan, anticipating a completed 10-year plan by spring of 2014.
- Fall 2013 – Conclude evaluation of OPEB prefunding analysis and determine prefunding options.
- November 2013 – Present to City Council an outline of the elements anticipated for inclusion in the long-term financial plan for direction and consent.
- January 2014 – Develop 10-year forecast of revenues and operating expenditures.
- March-April 2014 – Present 10-year Financial Plan to the City Council for discussion and adoption.