A 20-year-old Mill Valley man was arrested early Sunday morning after he was found passed out in the bathroom of Super Duper Burger restaurant on Miller Ave., according to Mill Valley Police.
Police were called the restaurant at around 6 a.m. Sunday on a report of a possible burglary after a maintenance worker found someone who had broken into the restaurant in the middle of the night and was inside the bathroom. When police arrived, they found the young man asleep on the floor in the bathroom, according to Sgt. Paul Wrapp.
The man hadn’t stolen anything and didn’t appear to have planned to steal anything, Wrapp said.
“Maybe he needed a warmer environment to stay in,” Wrapp said. "He had had way too much to drink."
He was arrested on suspicion of trespassing, public intoxication and possessing a false ID and booked into county jail.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch:
- County Expected to Rename the Tennessee Valley Pathway After Charles McGlashan
- Explosions Mar End of Boston Marathon – 3 Dead, More than 140 Injured
- Convicted Murderer Justin Helzer Found Dead at San Quentin of Apparent Suicide
- Burger Backlash: Residents Sound Off on Bevy of New Burger Joints
- Weezy's to Open in Former Hawk's Tavern Space this Summer
- Tam High Freshman Wins National Honor in Scholastic Writing Contest
- Construction to Start on East Blithedale This Summer
- Judge Denies Max Wade’s Request to Relocate Trial, Sever Lambo Theft and Attempted Murder Charges
- CaffeOggi Closes After 23 Years in Mill Valley – Smash Burger to Open There
- New Tam High Principal to Start on July
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.