The Mill Valley Police Department has installed 30 new new solar powered parking meters that accept credit and debit cards.
The meters were installed on Tuesday and are working great, said police Community Services Officer Sheryl Patton. They're located on Throckmorton Ave. by the Depot Plaza and are part of a three-month pilot program where the city is renting them for $8 per meter. During the trial period the meters will be able to collect data on usage, which the city will then use to determine future parking needs in downtown.
"We've received several emails telling us that people are really liking the convenience," Patton said.
Input is welcome, and email email@example.com or call 415.389.4100 to share your thoughts with the Mill Valley Police Department.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- What Are The New White Triangles Painted In Front of Crosswalks on Miller Ave?
- City Council: ABAG Not the Enemy
- Beer Garden & Fashion Show New to This Year's Community Block Party
- Beerworks Goes Beyond the Brew
- Letter: Marin Clean Energy vs PG&E
- School District Schedules Public Hearing on Marin Day School's New Home at Edna Maguire
- Frame-O-Rama Is on the Move
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.