It’s lighter, thinner and beautifully crafted of glass and aluminum. After a slew of rumors and anticipated hype, the new iPhone 5 is here, TechCrunch reports.
Apple, Inc. (AAPL) deputed its latest smart phone, featuring a 4-inch screen, which is 20 percent lighter and 18 percent thinner than its predecessor, the iPhone 4s.
Pre-orders for the iPhone 5 begins this Friday, Sept. 14 and Apple stores will sell the device a week later on Sept. 21.
The is in Corte Madera.
Tech reporters have already been reviewing the smart phone and some highlights include:
- A 4-inch screen with highly sensitive touch sensors
- More networks: Runs with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T’s LTE networks
- Longer battery life: 8 hours of 3G talk time and 8 hours of 3G and LTE web browsing
- Three microphones in the mix: one on the front, one on the back, and another on the bottom
- New mini Dock Connector “Lightnin”: it’s digital and has eight pins
- Camera: 40 percent faster image capturing, will support panoramic photos and shared photo streams