Attend Wednesday's School Board Meeting
This Wednesday, the TUHSD board will discuss contracts requiring over $530,000 in taxpayer dollars for a private vendor with an unproven educational model for districts like TUHSD. Significant expenses for New Tech Network (NTN) are on the 5/14 meeting agenda:
- Approval of a $204,750 Supplemental Contract with NTN for Tam HS, a school that "delayed" implementation, yet is incurring nearly a quarter of a million dollars in ITTC costs for New Tech Network.
- Approval of over $326,700 in New Tech Network (NTN) contracts. Items 12(g) and 12(h) of the agenda call for the board to "Discuss and take action on the [$226,850 Drake, and $99,850 San Andreas and Tamiscal] Professional Development and New Tech Network Contract Request," presented by Assistant Superintendent Michael McDowell, a former New Tech employee.
- Conclusion of public input. The Drake NTN contract states in item C that the District has "secured the necessary financial and community support for implementation of the NTHS Model." We are not aware of any such public input.
- Costs for 5 days of teacher training at Napa New Tech, a school that experienced a 44 point drop in it's API scores from 2012 to 2013, and a 5 (of 10) ranking among similar schools. While Napa New Tech may have scores above the NTN average, they are well below those of TUHSD.
We have strength in numbers. Join us!
- Ask a question during Open Comments on Wednesday at 6:00 pm. The meeting takes place at Kreps Conference Center at Redwood High School.
- Tell the board you have concerns. Sign the new petition.
- Forward this email to a friend—or two ... or ten. Ask them to sign up for fact-based updates.