If you're a regular visitor to Mill Valley Patch, you know we serve up a health dose of news, community events, announcements, video and photos and blogs from a wide range of local residents.
What you may not know is that Patch allows users to post obituaries for free. We've tried to make it as easy as possible to relay information about the recent death of a loved one to the community.
Take a look at the video for a quick walk-through on how to use our announcements section to post a death notice.
If you're unable to access the video, here is a step-by-step guide for posting a death notice.
1. Log into your Patch account. You'll need to create an account if you don't have one. All you need is an email address to do this.
2. Go to the News tab and click on Announcements.
3. Click on the "Add and Announcement" button.
4. Select the category "Death Notices"
5. Input the deceased person's name and other information. You could also simply copy and paste a prepared obituary into the description section.
6. Click on "Post an Announcement."
It's that simple.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- Landmark Arch at Tennessee Beach Collapses
- Mill Valley’s Cheapest Homes: 57 Milland Drive
- Marin Man Hopes He's Found a Carpool Lane Excuse that Works
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.