Recently I discovered a remarkable new online tool for locating and matching the best Marin senior housing options for each individual. It’s called Lucille’s List.
Lucille’s List was started by two partners, Tia Small and Hilary Parkhill, who had experienced their own personal struggles with finding the best housing options for their loved ones. It was such a frustrating experience for them that they began to realize that “something better could be done for all people looking for senior housing.”
In 2009, the two women joined forces to found “Lucille’s List.” They have spent countless hours researching and organization the latest information on resources available to older adults in Marin.
Lucille’s List is committed to:
- helping seniors find appropriate living situations,
- listing housing options regardless of socio-economic status, and
- providing the most comprehensive listings of senior communities.
This is a free and user-friendly service. The initial version of Lucille's List has information and photographs on all:
- 55+ Active Adult communities,
- Senior Apartments,
- Senior Mobile Home Parks,
- aging in place Villages,
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities,
- Low-Income/Subsidized options,
- Assisted Living, and
- Skilled Nursing Facilities in Marin County, CA.
Soon to follow will be the entire San Francisco Bay Area. What a welcome and valuable addition to tools for older adults and their families in Marin County!