Depending on the circumstances, the first day of school can be a very auspicious occasion for parents and their children alike.
For the more than 3,150 students in the 's six schools - a record-high enrollment for the district - the first day of school is later than usual to accommodate the district's .
But that day has finally arrived. The clothes are fresh and clean, the hair is parted perfectly and the smiles are big - it's the perfect time to take a photo. And those first-day photos can be a special moment between parents and children.
Share your photos with the community and make your kid feel extra special by uploading their pictures to this story. Feel free to include your child's name, grade and school with the picture.
Here are some easy ways you can submit your photos:
- You can post directly to this article. Click on the "Upload Photos and Videos" tab above, choose the photo you would like to upload and then include your child's name, grade and school in the caption of the photo. Feel free to include any "good luck" message or words of encouragement in the caption.
- You can e-mail a photo from your smart phone to email@example.com.
- You can post it on the Mill Valley Patch Facebook page.
Have a great school year! And don't forget how you can use Mill Valley Patch throughout the school year.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch:
- Photographer Suki Hill Turns Focus to Mill Valley Market Employees
- Police Blotter: A Stubborn Golden Retriever, 24-hour Humming and a Forklift Goes Wild
- School Parcel Tax Campaign Kicks Off Thursday at GROW in Tam Junction
- What is a Formula Business in Mill Valley?
For local schools news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.