1. Yoga on the Plaza. Zobha and the Mill Valley Recreation have teamed for an outdoor community yoga class Saturday at 10 a.m., with a suggested $10 donation that will go toward the Rec Department's scholarship program for families in need. It's a beginner class taught by Michele Klink of YogaWorks, and be sure to stick around for the discounted shopping and refreshments afterward. Oh, and be one fo the first 30 people to regiter and receive a free Zobha gift bag.
2. Mrs. T's Mill Valley Beautification Day. Hundreds will gather with shovels, rakes, bags, gloves and more for the city's annual Earth Day community cleanup. If you haven't registered for a group, simply stop by the plaza between 9 a.m and noon (there's a lot happening there this weekend) and don't worry, they'll put you to work.
3. Sidewalk sales are back! This is the first weekend of the year where downtown businesses can roll their merchandize outside, for your viewing and shopping pleasure. Browse for a bargain, discover someplace new, and click on the link to make sure you know which weekends between now and October that this is happening.
4. Youth Rock the Rebuild Teen Concert at Sweetwater. A nonprofit created by kids to hold benefit concertns for various causes, Youth Rock the Rebuild is coming to Sweetwater at 7 p.m. to raise money for the creation of Performing Star's of Marin's youth music center. Local high school and middle school bands will be playing at the event.
5. Basset Hound Adoption Event. Maybe I'm just crazy over cute puppies (and cursing my landlord), but these droppy faces are totally worth the trip to Novato.