This week's deals start with an invaluable lesson in preparation, and include everything from a restaurant discount to a tax-time essential.
1. Get Ready Mill Valley The earlier this month have many of us evaluating our own plans to keep our families safe in the event of an emergency of those proportions. Get Ready, a disaster survival program of the Southern Marin Fire District, is offering two FREE classes this week. The first is today from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at ; the second is Thursday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at . Send an email to: email@example.com or call 380-1105 to register for your spot.
2. Thailand Restaurant If you don't know about the dining discount site Restaurant.com yet, here's a great reason to check it out: right now, you can purchase two $25 gift cards for dinner at Mill Valley's new for $20, for a savings of $30. Click here for information on how to purchase and restrictions.
3. There's no savings involved in this deal; instead you'll get the sweet satisfaction of knowing that 70 percent of your purchase at Yolo Yogurt Lounge today will benefit 's WEB leaders and program. Say "Mill Valley Middle School" at check-out.
4. Even if you're not getting a refund this year, the trauma of tax time can have at least one postitive outcome: it's a great incentive to de-clutter your desk., Take advantage of Mill Valley Services' current deal on shredders (on sale for $19.99) and start the new season with a clean slate.
5. Bay Area Expeditions And finally, something for the aspiring mountaineers among us: www.trubates.com has a deal running for Bay Area Expeditions' day trip course on the Cataract Falls trail in the Headlands. You'll get backpack training in logistics, planning, safety, emergency rescue and equipment, not to mention a day spent in the great outdoors for $60 per person (regular price $120). Click here for information.