"At the heart of it, we are a neighborhood joint," explained Director of Operation David Sturno, "Because of El Paseo's history, we have been perceived as as a special occasion restaurant – we are more than that."
Tucked in the brick ally connecting Throckmorton and Sunnyside Avenues, draped in strung lights, complete with a firepit and cozy seating, the patio gives way to an almost farmhouse charm.
No black tie needed at El Paseo. "It is the perfect place to drop by before or after a movie, for a quick snack, a burger or even just a glass of wine," said Sturno, "We like to be known for our high quality, but we want people to know they can be very comfortable here at the same time."
Alongside the beautiful steak selection, El Paseo now offers this seasonally rotating, abridged menu for drop-in, quick bites.
EL PASEO BAR & PATIO SUMMER MENU
- DEVILED CAESAR $8: Caesar whipped yolks, anchovies, little gem spears
- DEVILS ON HORSEBACK $7: Sonoma bacon, California dates
- ROASTED BONE MARROW $13: short rib - horseradish crust, blackberry marmalade, beef chips
- CRISPY DUCK WINGS $14: plum butter, calabrian chilies, radish
- OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER $18: big coves, spinach, bacon, herbsainte, panko
- BEETS & STRAWBERRIES $13: pistachio, opal basil, goat cheese
- BEARNAISE BURGER $17: proprietary blend, toasted brioche, caramelized onion, Sonoma bacon, fries
Additionally the staff has assembled their favorite bottles of rosé for the El Paseo “Rosé Festival” meant to be enjoyed throughout Marin’s warm and glorious summer and fall.
- CHÂTEAU DE MANISSY . TAVEL . 2012 $39
- COUNTY LINE . ELKE HOME RANCH . ANDERSON VALLEY . 2012 $45
- VÉRITÉ . PS . SONOMA COUNTY . 2011 $52
- DOMAINE BUNAN . BANDOL . 2011 $60
- LOPEZ DE HEREDIA . VINA TODONIA . RIOJA . 2000 $68
- CHÂTEAU DE PIBARNON . BANDOL . 2012 $71
- DOMAINE TEMPIER . BANDOL . 2012 $79
- LOUIS BOUILLOT . CRÉMANT DE BOURGOGNE – ROSÉ . NV $48
- LAURENT PERRIER . BRÜT-ROSÉ . TOURS-SUR-MARNE . CHAMPAGNE . NV $150
- BILLECART-SALMON . BRÜT-ROSÉ . MAREUIL-SUR-AY . CHAMPAGNE . NV $185
El Paseo is open Sunday – Thursday 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm, Friday & Saturday 5:30 pm to 11:00 pm. El Paseo is located at 17 Throckmorton Ave. Mill Valley, CA 94941. For more information visit us athttp://elpaseomillvalley.com/ or call (415) 388-0741 and follow El Paseo on Twitter and Facebook.