The Mill Valley Arts Commission is looking for one teen oriented band and one children’s oriented band for one of the city’s Concerts on the Plaza this August.
Musicians need to be able to play a 45-60 minute set, and will receive $500 on the day of the concert. Performers who participated in the 2012 series will not eligible for this season. Applications are due by 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 9.
The four outdoor concerts are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, August 14, 6 – 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 18, 3-4 p.m. & 4-5 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25, 3-4 p.m. & 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 28, 6-7 p.m.
To apply: Download a Musical Artist Submission form and mail it, along with a CD with three complete musical selections to:
Mill Valley Arts Commission
c/o Mill Valley Community Center
180 Camino Alto
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Applications must include $20 submission fee through either a check to the City of Mill Valley, or Visa or MasterCard information. A receipt will be emailed once the payment and CD are received.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- When Can I File My 2013 Tax Return?
- Duo Opens Specialty Running Shop in Tam Junction
- UPDATE: Opposition Mounts to Proposed Cut of Tam Union District Program; Option Added to Keep It
- SUV Flips Over on Shoreline Highway Thursday
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.