Being the son of music royalty can be both a blessing and a curse, with no shortage of examples of the latter.
Despite that, singer-songwriter Ben Taylor has managed to strike a balance, touring with his famous dad while also establishing himself on his own over the course of a 15-year career.
With Listening, his first album of new music in four years, Taylor merges folk, pop, soul, reggae and country. He explains the album as “An evolution ... This album runs the gamut from both the production style and the period of my life in which they were recorded. These songs are little windows into the last four years of my life."
Taylor plays the on Sunday, Sept. 16. We're giving away a pair of tickets to the first person who answers the three trivia questions below correctly in the Comments section.
1. What was the name of Ben Taylor's first album?
2. Who are his parents?
3. Where did he attend high school?
- Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, answer the three questions below in the Comments.
- All entries must be received by Friday ay 9 a.m. Pacific Time.
- You may enter once.
- The first entrant to answer all three questions correctly wins.
- Winner receives a pair of tickets to see Ben Taylor at 142 Throckmorton Theatre on Sunday, Sept. 16. Approximate retail value of tickets is $25 each.
- See Official Rules attached at right.