With a winter storm on the way, Winterfest will has been moved from this weekend, to Sunday, Dec. 9.
"Even if there were just a moderate, or slight chance of rain, I did not want the possibility of rain being a hazard to anyone's safety," said Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Daniel Escalzo.
The Chamber is formally producing the event of the first time this year, as part of with the city to ensure the organization stays on track in its revitalization efforts.
"I felt it was important to navigate the complicated logistics of rescheduling Winterfest," Escalzo said, "so the community and City of Mill Valley can receive a great holiday event."
However, Dec. 9 and Dec. 16 were the only other possible weekends, the ice skating rink on Depot Plaza and the snow slide had different availabilities.
"We went with the snow slide since it has more attraction value, so hence we unfortunately had to forgo the rink for now," Escalzo said. "But we have the option to use it again in the future so it's not gone forever. Still, we value the rink and are sad not to include it this year."
The rest of the festivities will remain the same, with arts and crafts tables, a costume contest, music, Santa Claus and more.
IF YOU GO:
- What: Mill Valley Winterfest
- When: Sunday, Dec. 9; 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Depot Plaza, at Miller and Throckmorton avenues.
- Tickets: $3 for one, $10 for four, $20 for 10. Each Winterfest activity requires one ticket. Proceeds to benefit the Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Development Programs.
- More Info: Visit www.millvalley.org or call 415.388.9700.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- Sol Food Slated to Open in Mill Valley
- Large Rocks Thrown Through Windows on E. Blithedale Ave. and a Woman Gets Run Over By Her Friend
- Mill Valley’s Priciest Homes: 740 Edgewood Avenue
- Look for a Penumbral Lunar Eclipse Wednesday Morning
- Chamber Takes Over Winterfest With Big Plans for the Future
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.