News Alert
Melanoma Cases Soar in Marin County

MV Healthy Creeks: How You Can Help

The following is a news release from the city of Mill Valley:

Report Creek Pollution

Call the Department of Public Works, at 384-4800 during City Hall open hours if you notice unusual color or cloudiness in a creek or channel, to report a spill, or if you suspect pollution in a creek.

To report an after hours spill or discharge to a creek, call the non-emergency dispatch at (415) 446-4526.
When reporting a creek problem, try to have the following information:

  • Location: specific street address, or creek name and nearest cross street
  • Time: when did you first notice the problem and is it still occurring?
  • Activity: description of the problem (fallen tree, spill, blocked culvert, etc.) any odors, changes in water color (oily sheen, foam) or debris
  • If you see someone dumping into the creek: Try to get a description of the person, license number, and vehicle description. 

Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program

The City of Mill Valley is a member of the Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program (MCSTOPPP) which works to comply with stormwater regulations and to protect Marin's creeks and wetlands by preventing pollution. 

MCSTOPP's primary strategy is to gain compliance through a combination of education and ensuring measures for preventing pollution.

For more information, please visit the  MCSTOPP website.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »