Tucked into the northern edge of the frontage road along Hwy. 101 in Strawberry, the Ethan Allen Design Center has been one of Mill Valley's most visible businesses for more than two decades. That will change at the end of March, when the home furnishings store will close, according to company officials.
Ethan Allen opened its Mill Valley location in 1988. Company spokesperson November Rawlings declined to comment on the reason for the closure but hinted at consolidation in directing customers to the company's design center in San Mateo.
"The chamber always values businesses that have been in Mill Valley for a long time, particularly those that have been here for 25 years like Ethan Allen," Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Daniel Escalzo said. "I wish they would stay."
The store is holding a closing sale through the end of March.
Cassidy Turley is the commercial real estate firm looking to fill the space at 1060 Redwood Highway. The space encompasses nearly 30,000 square feet, half of which is storefront on the ground floor and the other half basement storage.
Here's what else is happening on Mill Valley Patch
- City Council Digs Into Planning Commission Spat
- Shots Fired in Beer Theft Sunday at Safeway in Strawberry Village
- The Mayor’s Week in Review: Feb. 11-17
- Police Blotter: Mercedes on the Median, Bike Thief Nabbed and Too Young to Drive
- Boyle Park Tennis Court Rehab Gets Back on Track – Money Hunt Begins
- VIDEO: Sol Food Opens Its Doors in Mill Valley
- When Can I File My 2013 Tax Return?
For local news like this wherever you go, follow us! And don't forget to sign up for our daily e-newsletter, delivered straight to your inbox.