Registration for next fall's kindergarteners kicks off! Additional registration dates are listed below:
Thursday, January 13,
Monday, February 7,
Thursday, February 10
Please go to the , 411 Sycamore Ave, from 1 to 7:30 p.m. on these dates to sign up your child for kindergarten. You'll find important registration information and forms at www.mvschools.org.
Please note: It makes no difference which of the above four dates you register. There is no benefit in registering one day over the other but registering on one of these four dates will ensure that you are notified of your placement by May 1, 2011.
Tours: Scheduled tours are available each fall. Please contact the schools directly for dates and times.
Who is Eligible: A child is eligible for public school Kindergarten if he/she will be 5 years old on or before December 2, 2011
What to Bring Checklist:
1. An original or certified (county seal) birth certificate or passport.
2. Three (3) PROOFS OF RESIDENCY (we will immediately copy and return) proofs of your residency in Mill Valley.
Three (3) different types of proofs of residency within the Mill Valley School District boundaries are required when registering a student for school. The three (3) proofs must be from the following seven (7) categories, with no more than ONE from any category. Original documents presented at the District Office will be copied and returned to resident. The following documents are acceptable proofs of residency:
- Recent property tax bill that contains evidence of Homeowner’s Exemption
- Current, dated rental/lease agreement showing the address with lessor-lessee-realtor names and signatures; and contact information. If agreement is month-to-month or has expired, a current extension from the landlord is required.
- Current California driver’s license or California identification card indicating residence address within district boundaries. If a P.O. box is used, DMV verification of residency is required.
- Utility bills indicating residence address and dated within 60 days of registration. Acceptable bills include:
- Marin Municipal Water District
- Mill Valley Refuse / Tamalpais Community Services District / or other local refuse agency serving residences within district boundaries
- Comcast (cable TV) / Direct TV
- Land line telephone (cell and long-distance service not accepted)
- Public assistance documents.
- Employment record, e.g. recent payroll stub, if address indicated
- Recent homeowner’s or renter’s insurance documents.
3. A TB test. Required ONLY if your family is moving to Mill Valley from countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, or the Pacific Islands. The test must have been administered upon arrival in the
United States. Written proof of a negative test result will be required before the child can start school.
4. Kindergarten Registration Forms. Download the required forms. They are also available on registration days at the District Office.
Please note: Your child cannot be registered until we have all of these documents with the exception of the health and dental forms. The health form and dental forms need to be completed prior to school starting but you will not need to furnish them on the day of registration.