I've never been a blogger, but I thought the and my role as Chair of the Advisory Committeee warranted taking the step. I have no idea what I'm getting into really, but my thought was simply to share my reflections on the process for anyone interested.
We've now had kick off meetings for both the Advisory Committee and the 3 initial working groups (Community Vitality, Land Use and Mobility and the Natural Environment). The important themes to date include:
- How important this endeavor is, and how wonderful an opportunity it provides to create a shared vision for Mill Valley and a social contract with one another embracing that vision.
- We have a great foundation to work from (the current General Plan, last updated in 1989).
- Huge thanks for all who applied, and a sincere hope that those who were not appointed stay involved. This is a community effort and we are creating multiple public forums through which everyone's input can be heard.
- Immediate hot buttons surfaced: small town character and . Rest assured both are incredibly important and will be nurtured in the process. And to be clear: the City Council has not unilaterally amended the existing General Plan in any respect.
- I am very proud to be serving in my role and with all of you. It's really quite a privilege & honor.
Our next meeting will be on May 22 or 24 - check the city's website for confirmation. At that time we plan to lay out the final prioroity topics for the working groups to consider. We had great input on them at the last meeting.
Thank you all for participating.