Hello friends. I wanted to share some insight into Thursday's General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) meeting as part of the .
The focus next week is on 3 core items (see attached agenda).
- : Discussion on whether to advise / direct the Community Vitality Working Group to create a sub-group dedicated to the arts, as mentioned at our last meeting and requested by many members of the Community. The Community Vitality Working Group cannot do so without the Advisory Committee's direction.
- GPAC-led discussion on community values. The goal here is NOT to wordsmith / finalize what language will be embodied in the final draft General Plan that goes to the Planning Commission for hearings next winter, but rather to provide broad direction now to the GPAC and working groups that those in the 1989 General Plan as enhanced by the City Council's implementing guidelines are directionally correct.
- GPAC-led discussion on Priority Topics for the orking groups. It is on this part that folks should understand the framework of the 1989 General Plan - and how it creates "goals, policies & programs" for various topics. That framework forms the basis for the direction to the WGs next week. We want to be sure we have captured the right priority topics, so that for each the respective working groups we can:
- Gather input
- Develop goals, policies and programs for each
- Recommend these to the GPAC
Of course, public comment, which can include workimg group members, will be provided on all 3 topics.
Thank you all.